Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pack-Rattery

I am a pack rat. I have always been a pack rat. I have always held on to things thinking, I know I'll find a way to use this. Nowadays, I think it's a lot more stylish to call it re-purposing! My day has arrived! It has become en vogue to be a pack-rat!
I always save tea tins, I don't think I've ever thrown one away, ever! I use them to store pencils, markers, scissors and other useful tools. Who cares if they're all mis-matched, that kinda tells the story of me. I also save those clear plastic boxes that tomatoes come in. They are fantastic for organizing thread and ribbons. I even re-purposed a New Belgium Fat Tire beer box. It neatly holds all my Capri-Sun pouches waiting to be made into purses. (though, I haven't made any new ones recently)
So, in a way, I guess I've always been into recycling, even before it was popular. I can't stand to waste anything. I'm so thankful that I've found ways to bring my two loves together: crafts and recycling. It was such a logical progression.
My newest love is creating bracelets from soda can tabs. I especially love the bracelets embellished with Swarovski crystals! Yes, they are for sale! I hope you enjoy my creations.
Check back often; I'll be adding lots of pictures of my bracelets!

5 comments:

  1. Yes and you are always there to ask, "Did you take the tab off your soda?" or "You can recycle that."
    Here is a link to a video of Cae's Jewelry:

    http://animoto.com/play/I1Y0LdtGmcravDMT87Pgrg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the awesome video, Twiga! You've just been promoted to the marketing department of GreenDesigns by Cae...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great start. I'm loving your blog, and your Marketing Director too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great!! You guys are ALL so talented!

    ReplyDelete